Designed by Sarada Ukil, an artist of great repute, and a teacher of Modern School in the 1920s, the school crest signifies the circle of eternity crossed by the three elements in human development of body, mind and spirit, the sun shining between the triangle and the circle. Inside the triangle there is a banyan tree to represent stability and firmness of character; the swan and the lotus represent refinement, culture and the arts which are the fundamental elements of progress in life.
Self-realisation cannot be achieved by the weak-willed.
Modern School aims to build a community of confident, global leaders with social conscience and national pride, committed to excellence and continuous learning.
- Strive for excellence in academics, sports, creative pursuits and skills.
- Provide the best infrastructure and technology in emerging fields of study and knowledge.
- Constantly raise our benchmarks to integrate our culture and heritage with the best education in the world.
- Provide the best facilities and training to our teachers.
- Promote core human values and practise inclusivity and service through academic and socially relevant programmes, engaging all stakeholders.